There are many reasons that prove that sleep is very necessary and useful for the human body and since we spend one third of our life in sleep. As a result, we should have a comfortable and quality sleep. All people sometimes have trouble sleeping and do not sleep well. Lack of sleep has a great impact on physical health and makes it difficult to do daily activities during the day. The tips mentioned in this article can help you to have a comfortable and quality sleep.
Some people have trouble falling asleep, others wake up in the middle of the night and can’t get back to sleep. Sometimes you can have a comfortable sleep by changing habits that lead to sleep problems, or even your sleeping position. In this article, we will examine how to have a comfortable sleep and be able to have quality sleep.
Rest assured that there is no perfect idea to force yourself to sleep in. Each mode has its strengths and weaknesses, which we will examine below:
- Sleeping on the stomach: When you sleep on your stomach, your spine curves inward. Because you are not in your natural position. Your muscles and joints carry most of the body weight and there is a lot of pressure on them. Also, in order to breathe, you have to turn your head on the pillow, which causes damage to the neck area, rotation of the neck vertebrae, headaches and even jaw pain. . Some people may suffer from teeth grinding during sleep. All these problems make sleeping on the stomach one of the worst sleeping positions.
- Fetal state: In this case, you curl up under your sheets or blanket like a ball. The first and most important problem in this state is that you cannot breathe easily and you may have short breaths. Your spine and neck are bent. If the spine and neck are bent for a long time, it causes arthritis or numbness. If this is the best and most comfortable position for your sleep. You can put a pillow between your legs, fold one leg and stretch the other leg to reduce the pressure on the hips and pelvis.
- Sleeping on the pillow: This position is one of the best because it prevents the gastric reflex, reduces snoring and improves blood flow. But it is important to sleep on the right or left side. Since your position changes during the night, which happens naturally, you should alternate between both sides to distribute the pressure on the whole body. According to research, men who sleep on one side are more likely to suffer from kidney stones. 75% of people had kidney stones on the side they slept on. If you sleep with your arms above your shoulders, your nerves and blood vessels will constrict and your arm may become numb.
- Sleeping on the back: Sleeping on your back is technically the best position for sleeping. This mode is not suitable for people who snore. Sleeping on your back reduces neck pain, back pain and stomach reflux.
Try to go to bed at the same time every night and wake up at the same time in the morning. This will make your brain get used to sleep regularly after a few days. If you went to bed at night but couldn’t sleep, if you don’t fall asleep within 15 to 20 minutes after going to bed, get up from your bed and go to another part of your house or room.
Do something that relaxes you, reading a few pages of a book will take your mind off the fact that you can’t sleep. Finally, you can sleep easily. Here are some tips that can help you have a restful and quality sleep:
- Mattress: The comfort of the mattress is the main point in sleeping comfort. Because if your mattress is not suitable, too hard or too soft, you will not sleep comfortably and you will have problems such as back pain, body pain and pain in the spine. As a result, try to get a suitable mattress.
- Coloration: Try to use colors such as sky blue, white, lemon yellow, pink or sausage, turquoise green, lavender, etc. in the bedroom.
- Ambient temperature: Try to keep the room temperature cool, if it is too hot, you will not be able to sleep comfortably.
- Check the light in the room, the light from the next room or the light shining into your room from the window will make you unable to sleep. This problem is solved with the help of a blindfold.
- Voice: Try to sleep in a calm and quiet environment as much as possible. Some people can’t sleep in absolute silence, these people can use white noise, like quiet and soft music. You can also use an audio book.
- the watch: If there is a clock in your vision, it is better to remove it or turn it because it distracts you and may cause you stress.
- Electronic devices: Turn off the TV and try to mute your mobile phone so that notifications or the sound of messages do not wake you up and make you sleepless.
- If none of the above solutions could solve your problem, you can pay attention to nutrition and other things:
- If you can’t sleep and feel tired, drink a warm drink without caffeine, such as warm milk or borage tea.
- Avoid eating heavy meals before going to bed and try to eat dinner 2-3 hours before going to bed.
- If you feel hungry right before going to bed or while sleeping, you can eat a small and healthy snack like a bowl of low-sugar yogurt or cereal.
- Avoid smoking before going to sleep, because the nicotine in cigarettes makes you unable to sleep and you will not have a good sleep.
Useful activities before sleep
- If you can’t get a good night’s sleep in shul because of the stress and tension you had during the day, you can try different ways to relax. Breathing deeply and counting regularly will relax you.
- A hot shower can help you get rid of the stress you had during the day and sleep peacefully.
- By counting numbers, you can calm your mind and get away from thoughts and imagination.
- You may not be able to sleep because you are very tired. To get rid of this problem, you can sleep easily with a few stretching movements on the bed. Start from the back of the leg and up to the head, contract the muscles of the body for 1 or 2 seconds. Lie on your back, place your hands on your stomach and breathe with your stomach. Repeat this 5 times until you can sleep easily. Be careful that a lot of physical activity or heavy exercise can delay your sleep, so if you exercise during the day, schedule it so that this activity is not before your sleep.